Saturday 3 January 2009

New Passion - New Blog

I discovered Encaustic Art last september at a craft show. A lady called June Drake was demonstrating basic encaustic techniques and I was hooked.

This was the first time I'd seen encaustic art 'live'. Previously I'd only seen it on television. That was intriguing enough, but to actually see these marvelous little pictures appearing so effortlessly (or so it seemed), using just a lump of pigmented beeswax and a small iron - I couldn't resist. Had to get myself some kit.

We (my daughter and I) bought a starter kit from June, and have been hooked ever since. A stylus has been added to our tool kit, and more is planned. I'm no artist, but with encaustic art even I can create artwork I'm proud of.

I intent charting my encaustic progress in this blog. I'll post a few paintings and invite comments. You're welcome to join me in my new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment