Sunday 1 February 2009

Tree and Path

One thing I love about encaustic art is the unpredictability of it. You never quite know what you're going to get, or whether the result will be good or bad. Maybe when you're better at it than I am, being a real beginner, it becomes more controllable, but right now it's trial and error. And usually more error than anything else. I make far more messes than anything else.

This tree and path is my latest effort. My own critique? Overall it's quite pleasing, but I'm not happy with the colour or definition of my mountains and the little fence stumps at the end of the path could be anything. One thing I would love to learn to do is put shadows in. This could do with some shadow beneath the tree, but how to do this with wax is beyond me at the moment.

My trees are getting better though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment